(3:53pm meeting starts)
(Devon not present)

Shusara felt a push that the board members should meditate together. Group discussed ways to do this. Group decided to meet earlier so that we could meditate and have time to decompress, or if not meeting earlier push the actual board meeting to later in the day. Shusara asked if anyone could think of a time for the group to meditate together. Meghan said we could do it at her place. Shusara also wanted a recurring meditation where people could do it in their homes. She indicated it would be one where you wanted to clear yourself first. First one is scheduled for Sunday July 28 at 9pm.

Shusara wants to know the site that Devon went to for the social media classes. Tim discovered shambhalacenter.com domain is available. Shusara needs help adding content to the global CNW site. Tim suggested taking the posts from the Facebook CNW page and putting them on the global page. Will also research ways to make multiple posts at once.

Shusara would like someone to investigate how to integrate Amazon products to our web site so we get a commission from recommending products. PielleAyan mentioned the Amazon associate program as a way to do this. This could be a way to generate revenue for Kumara Center. Click Bank is another site that PielleAyan mentioned as an opportunity that's similar to Amazon. PielleAyan said it was easy to set both types of accounts up and would look into it.

Shusara mentioned that the accounting software package that was recommended could host multiple accounts under one account. The pricing structure is such that a more expensive plan can host cheaper plans. Kumara's business package would cost about $40 a month, KCSA's would be about $10, so Kumara's plan could provide the accounting software for Kumara Center, effectively making it free. Meghan will look into the fine details of this as to how many accounts can be hosted in this way.

Shusara mentioned an idea where people could make donations and as they do so mention a charity they would like the money to go to. We could then have a monthly vote to decide where all the donations should go to. Tim suggested using a Meetup and/or Facebook event to get the idea out to people. PielleAyan mentioned possibly suggesting a charity in weekly reminder emails. She also agreed to do charity research. "We make a bigger impact together than alone." There are already good charities doing work, we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Board discussed Devon not being present again. PielleAyan mentioned she's getting used to her not being here. Linda isn't sure where she feels about her being a board member. Shusara mentioned two experiences she had on the inner planes with her, it felt like Devon had moved on. Shusara said that in order for her to be at peace with us as a group she needs to do a lot of deep work that she isn't capable of at the moment. She doesn't feel that Devon will send us an email any time soon. There was much discussion amongst the board members about where Devon fits on the board. Some highlights were that personal feelings for Devon are different from Kumara Center, she removed herself from the board by her absences.

  • Tim feels the board can make a decision on its own. Is clear he would vote to remove Devon but would like input from Atona.
  • Perry has been in a space of removing Devon for two months but would also like input from Atona. He doesn't want to talk about this next meeting, feels that action needs to be taken.
  • PielleAyan is clear that she shouldn't be on the board. Would like input from Atona. Doesn't feel we should drag this on to the next board meeting.
  • Meghan agrees with PielleAyan.
  • Linda is clear that Devon has made her choice, would like to hear from Atona.
  • Shusara feels that Devon has value that she can bring to Kumara Center and doesn't want to remove her as a board member. But is clear on removing her as a board member. Shusara says we don't need to call Atona to make a decision, we can do it on our own.

Board agreed to remove Devon as a board member. Tim is going to remove Devon from email distribution groups. Shusara will draft an email and send it out to all board members for their reading and signing before finally sending it to Devon.

Board members each talked about where they are and how they feel about the decision to remove Devon as a board member.

Meghan asked about doing something for the equinox. Tim mentioned doing the monthly outdoor group meditation on the equinox since it's Sunday September 22 at 4:44pm. Shusara liked it, wants to do it around 3pm to have a talk from Jim, and possibly others, and then be in meditation when the actual equinox starts. Perry mentioned possibly using Jim's property as the location. Him being in Waxhaw may limit the appeal for others to come though.

Next meeting is Sunday August 18 at 2pm.

(7:15pm meeting ends)

 

(3/21/2015 Amendment)

Due to the desire to move forward with certain financial activities (removal of Devon from the KCSA checking account and addition of Timothy and Meghan) these meeting notes are being amended as follows.

Peggy Schwartz is the legal name of the person known in this organization by the following name: Devon Naiyr.
Karen Eastman is the legal name of the person known in this organization by the following name: Shusara Akona Kumara.
Alicia Davis is the legal name of the person known in this organization by the following name: PielleAyan.

Board agreed at this time that Shusara would take on the roles of Founder, President, and CEO.

(3:53pm meeting starts)
(Devon not present)

Shusara felt a push that the board members should meditate together. Group discussed ways to do this. Group decided to meet earlier so that we could meditate and have time to decompress, or if not meeting earlier push the actual board meeting to later in the day. Shusara asked if anyone could think of a time for the group to meditate together. Meghan said we could do it at her place. Shusara also wanted a recurring meditation where people could do it in their homes. She indicated it would be one where you wanted to clear yourself first. First one is scheduled for Sunday July 28 at 9pm.

Shusara wants to know the site that Devon went to for the social media classes. Tim discovered shambhalacenter.com domain is available. Shusara needs help adding content to the global CNW site. Tim suggested taking the posts from the Facebook CNW page and putting them on the global page. Will also research ways to make multiple posts at once.

Shusara would like someone to investigate how to integrate Amazon products to our web site so we get a commission from recommending products. PielleAyan mentioned the Amazon associate program as a way to do this. This could be a way to generate revenue for Kumara Center. Click Bank is another site that PielleAyan mentioned as an opportunity that's similar to Amazon. PielleAyan said it was easy to set both types of accounts up and would look into it.

Shusara mentioned that the accounting software package that was recommended could host multiple accounts under one account. The pricing structure is such that a more expensive plan can host cheaper plans. Kumara's business package would cost about $40 a month, KCSA's would be about $10, so Kumara's plan could provide the accounting software for Kumara Center, effectively making it free. Meghan will look into the fine details of this as to how many accounts can be hosted in this way.

Shusara mentioned an idea where people could make donations and as they do so mention a charity they would like the money to go to. We could then have a monthly vote to decide where all the donations should go to. Tim suggested using a Meetup and/or Facebook event to get the idea out to people. PielleAyan mentioned possibly suggesting a charity in weekly reminder emails. She also agreed to do charity research. "We make a bigger impact together than alone." There are already good charities doing work, we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Board discussed Devon not being present again. PielleAyan mentioned she's getting used to her not being here. Linda isn't sure where she feels about her being a board member. Shusara mentioned two experiences she had on the inner planes with her, it felt like Devon had moved on. Shusara said that in order for her to be at peace with us as a group she needs to do a lot of deep work that she isn't capable of at the moment. She doesn't feel that Devon will send us an email any time soon. There was much discussion amongst the board members about where Devon fits on the board. Some highlights were that personal feelings for Devon are different from Kumara Center, she removed herself from the board by her absences.

  • Tim feels the board can make a decision on its own. Is clear he would vote to remove Devon but would like input from Atona.
  • Perry has been in a space of removing Devon for two months but would also like input from Atona. He doesn't want to talk about this next meeting, feels that action needs to be taken.
  • PielleAyan is clear that she shouldn't be on the board. Would like input from Atona. Doesn't feel we should drag this on to the next board meeting.
  • Meghan agrees with PielleAyan.
  • Linda is clear that Devon has made her choice, would like to hear from Atona.
  • Shusara feels that Devon has value that she can bring to Kumara Center and doesn't want to remove her as a board member. But is clear on removing her as a board member. Shusara says we don't need to call Atona to make a decision, we can do it on our own.

Board agreed to remove Devon as a board member. Tim is going to remove Devon from email distribution groups. Shusara will draft an email and send it out to all board members for their reading and signing before finally sending it to Devon.

Board members each talked about where they are and how they feel about the decision to remove Devon as a board member.

Meghan asked about doing something for the equinox. Tim mentioned doing the monthly outdoor group meditation on the equinox since it's Sunday September 22 at 4:44pm. Shusara liked it, wants to do it around 3pm to have a talk from Jim, and possibly others, and then be in meditation when the actual equinox starts. Perry mentioned possibly using Jim's property as the location. Him being in Waxhaw may limit the appeal for others to come though.

Next meeting is Sunday August 18 at 2pm.

(7:15pm meeting ends)

 

(3/21/2015 Amendment)

Due to the desire to move forward with certain financial activities (removal of Devon from the KCSA checking account and addition of Timothy and Meghan) these meeting notes are being amended as follows.

Peggy Schwartz is the legal name of the person known in this organization by the following name: Devon Naiyr.
Karen Eastman is the legal name of the person known in this organization by the following name: Shusara Akona Kumara.
Alicia Davis is the legal name of the person known in this organization by the following name: PielleAyan.

Board agreed at this time that Shusara would take on the roles of Founder, President, and CEO.